@casurfcasurf tweeted link to Rebuild The USA Petition. 2017-08-09 15:18:15 -0400Sign the petition: Congress: Suck it up & Move On—It's time to Rebuild the Country http://action.larouchepac.com/lets_rebuild_the_country?recruiter_id=263010
The text of the petition was updated slightly on 7/24/17 to better reflect current events.
We the undersigned, Republicans, Democrats, and Independents, call upon our Senators and Representatives to immediately start acting on our behalf based on the following statements, principles and political program:2,408 signatures
Our statements and principles:
1. Donald Trump was elected President because he addressed forgotten Americans, promised to revitalize and modernize the manufacturing and productive economy of the United States, and committed himself to end the ceaseless, deadly, and purposeless foreign wars of the last decades.
2. He was not elected because Russians manipulated social media accounts or otherwise suckered the American people into voting for him. This claim is an arrogant insult to the millions of very intelligent people who voted for Donald Trump. Watching the day-to-day media hysteria, any rational observer is horrified, not at what the President actually did, but at the media and select politicians who seem to have gone collectively insane and now demand that the rest of us join them.
3. The heritage of the failed Bush and Obama Administrations together with the insurrection against the President, has left the country divided and is now paralyzing political progress. The media falsely portrays the division as permanent, dividing the country into militant camps of “resisters” and “defenders” conducting what purports to be human speech in the form of animal grunts and reactively shouted obscenities. This is not reality.
4. The President promised to reinstate the 1933 Glass-Steagall Act, to create a modern productive economy based on manufacturing and large scale infrastructure projects, to return to fundamental scientific discovery and space exploration, and to end wars on behalf of the security interests of others. This is the unified political program with which most Americans agree.
5. On the other side of the world, at the Belt and Road Summit in Beijing, on May 14-15, 2017, a new and exciting reality came into being. China and 67 other nations have launched the largest infrastructure-building project ever undertaken in human history. It will lift millions out of poverty and will provide millions of productive jobs, including, potentially, here in the United States. President Trump has wisely begun negotiations for the United States and for U.S. companies to join this great project. Despite official Washington’s freakout, the President has also forged relationships with Russia and others which could result in peace and save millions of lives in regions of the world now engulfed and destroyed by war.
6. The President’s economic promises, however, remain dangerously unfulfilled. Our infrastructure is collapsing all around us, a new Wall Street corporate debt bubble looms on the horizon promising a collapse worse than 2008, and our population is gripped by an opium epidemic and the despair which arises from the jobless and non-productive “recovery.”
7. These promises must now be fulfilled. We need a new Glass-Steagall Act to prevent another Wall Street collapse and bailout. We need a public credit system, like Alexander Hamilton used, to fund and build modern infrastructure throughout the nation, a platform for developing this country over the next 50 years. We need to fund NASA and return to space exploration and development of advanced energy sources, such as fusion—making fundamental scientific and technological discoveries and exciting the imaginations and creativity of our population.
Therefore, we pledge to make these promises a reality. Until we have generated a true economic recovery, Congress should focus on nothing else domestically. Negotiating U.S. participation in China’s Belt and Road great project for the world should be our foreign policy preoccupation. In 50 years, where should our nation be? This is the potential reality which must occupy us now.
So, Congress, really, suck it up, move on, start rebuilding this country. If you resist, we pledge that you will face an electoral drubbing in 2018, the likes of which no one has ever before seen.