Alicia Cerretani endorsed 2018-01-12 15:04:03 -0500
We seek to create large blocks of voters and candidates endorsing this platform in critical Congressional Districts and, thereby, win the future for this country by making this platform which follows, a reality. (Please leave your address, it will help us determine key congressional districts.)
A leaflet announcing this campaign can be found here.
Our future could be determined by the 2018 Congressional elections. Neither party has a program to advance the nation, let alone ensure our short-term survival. Therefore, we advance the following platform, and launch an independent expenditure campaign to make it happen. We will campaign on the platform below, endorsing or opposing candidates, and creating large blocks of voters and candidates demanding this platform in critical Congressional Districts.
Presently, both major political parties are controlled by Wall Street. Both parties adhere to the post–World War II geopolitical system that has produced decades of perpetual war, and now threatens World War III by attacking China and Russia. The Democrats intend to use these elections to impeach the President. The Republicans, while nominally supporting the President, fanatically adhere to Wall Street’s economic ideas which will destroy his Presidency.
The 2018 LaRouche Platform is the solution!
A Future-Oriented Platform
The LaRouche platform has two flanks.
End the coup against the President and prosecute those responsible.
Implement LaRouche’s Four Laws for Economic Recovery of the United States and join China’s great Belt and Road Initiative for economic development.
This will create millions of productive jobs, and ensure the United States joins a new paradigm of global collaboration on great infrastructure projects advancing the common aims of mankind.
LaRouche’s Four Laws for an Economic Recovery of the USA
These are not independent policies, they must be conceptualized and implemented together.
Immediately reinstate Franklin Roosevelt’s Glass–Steagall banking separation act, before the imminent collapse of Wall Street’s latest financial bubbles.
Return to a national banking system, as originally defined by Alexander Hamilton, and reflected in Abraham Lincoln’s Greenback policy and Franklin Roosevelt’s Reconstruction Finance Corporation.
Direct trillions of dollars of US federal credit towards high technology and high productivity employment, including the rebuilding of US infrastructure.
Launch a crash program to develop fusion power and greatly expand NASA’s human space exploration program.
Joining China’s Belt and Road Initiative
China has launched the largest infrastructure development project in human history. Already ten times bigger than the Marshall plan, the Belt and Road Initiative (The New Silk Road) is bringing dozens of nations together in “win-win” economic collaboration around massive infrastructure projects. Much of Asia is already involved, and the program is already expanding into Europe, Africa, and South America.
For many formerly colonized and so-called developing nations, this is their first real opportunity for modern development. For stagnating industrialized nations, this is a critical opportunity for a new era of rebuilding, advancing, and producing.
The United States needs to join this program for win-win global development.
LaRouche’s Four Economic Laws and the USA’s joining the New Silk Road, taken together, are the basis for a global renaissance, leaving geopolitics behind and creating a new paradigm of human relations.
We’re asking you and/or your organization to endorse LaRouchePAC’s policy platform for the 2018 elections, and join our campaign.
Sign here to pledge that you will support this platform and vote for candidates supporting it.
Alicia Cerretani commented on 8 — Making it Happen: Money vs. Credit 2017-11-22 19:31:03 -0500Hi Ruth, no class tonight. Join us again for class no. 8 next Wednesday. However, our weekly Fireside Chat is scheduled later tonight at 9:00 pm eastern!!
Decision Time for US Economy: Will It be with LaRouche's Four Laws or Crashing with Wall Street?
Posted by · January 06, 2018 1:55 PM
Mueller's Fraud Exposed as Neo-Cons Continue Push for Geopolitical Confrontation
Posted by · January 04, 2018 2:06 PM · 2 reactions
Desperate Mueller Unveils British-FBI Sting to "Get Trump"See all posts
Posted by · November 13, 2017 2:30 PM
Petition to the U.S. Congress
Washington DC, 20004
Capitol Switchboard: (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the congressional office or committee you request.
Updated Dec. 29, 2017 - An earlier version of this petition called upon President Trump to investigate British subversion of the 2016 election and his Presidency. Congress, at that time, had not yet focused on the central role of the dirty dossier, authored by British MI6 agent Christopher Steele, in the ongoing coup against the President. Now, Congress is focused on the dirty dossier.
We call upon the House Judiciary and House Select Committee on Intelligence and the Senate Judiciary Committee to fully engage in investigating British subversion of the 2016 election, the Trump Presidency, and the geopolitical reasons for these British actions, issuing a full report at the earliest possible time to the American people.
With respect to the ongoing coup against President Trump, Lyndon LaRouche has stated: “The American people must demand that the ongoing treasonous British coup against the Presidency and the nation itself be stopped and the perpetrators prosecuted and imprisoned.” We, the undersigned, agree with that statement and the following:
- Recent revelations based on investigations by the House Judiciary, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, and the Senate Judiciary Committee have demonstrated that a politically biased FBI, led by James Comey, utilized a British intelligence–concocted dossier written by “former” MI6 agent Christopher Steele to launch an unprecedented and illegal FBI counterintelligence investigation of the 2016 Republican Party nominee for the Presidency, Donald Trump. The dirty British dossier was paid for by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, but was laundered through and provided credibility by the Obama Administration and its intelligence chiefs in their official capacities.
- The British-originated false claim that Donald Trump was and is Putin’s dupe was designed initially to prevent Donald Trump’s election as President. It was used heavily by Hillary Clinton in attacking candidate Trump in the final weeks of the campaign. Clinton was able to claim that Trump’s alleged Kremlin connections were being investigated by U.S. intelligence agencies without revealing that Barack Obama and his U.S. intelligence chiefs were participating in a smear she funded and otherwise helped orchestrate.
- Following the election, the fabricated claim that Putin helped elect Trump has prevented President Trump from fully exploring possible relations of mutual benefit with Russia. Since the election, a similar campaign has been undertaken by the British to undermine President Trump’s relationship with President Xi Jinping of China. If Trump, Xi, and Putin are able to develop a constructive relationship on matters of mutual concern, such as terrorism and rebuilding whole nations and continents devastated by enforced poverty and wars, further wars will be avoided. If the Clinton/Obama/British permanent warfare policy is successfully reintroduced, this nation will be on the path to World War III.
- The Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS) have presented evidence to President Trump and to CIA Director Pompeo showing that the Russians never hacked the Democratic National Committee. Claims that the Russians did this are at the heart of the phony Russiagate investigation which has preoccupied and divided our nation. While the Congress has been willing to go after the corrupt FBI and Department of Justice, it has so far not been willing to investigate the VIPS report, the role of Obama and his intelligence chiefs in the campaign against Trump, or the overt British meddling in the 2016 election—even after the British have bragged publicly about their authorship of the Steele dossier and GCHQ’s surveillance of Donald Trump. GCHQ is the British NSA and is often used for purposes barred by our Constitution.
- Unmasking British meddling in the election in what has been the biggest political dirty trick in American history, and the geopolitical reasons for it, is now the important focus for Congressional investigation if the coup against the President is to be halted.
In the words of Lyndon LaRouche, “Cancel the British system, Save the people.”
Alicia Cerretani published EIR Testimony on Maryland House Resolution HJ4 moving Congress To Restore the Glass-Steagall Act in Report Back 2017-03-13 12:47:13 -0400
Testimony of Paul Gallagher, Executive Intelligence Review Economics Co-Editor
March 3, 2017
Committee Chair and Delegates,
Thank you very much for holding today's hearing on the resolution to the U.S. Congress to restore the Glass-Steagall Act separating commercial bank units from all other types of financial institutions, and limiting FDIC insurance to those units.
Glass-Steagall restoration legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives, H.R.790, the Return to Prudent Banking Act of 2017, was introduced Feb. 1 by Republican Walter Jones of North Carolina and Democrats Marcy Kaptur and Tim Ryan of Ohio and Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii. It has grown to 32 cosponsors, and needs support. Twelve state legislatures are now considering resolutions supporting this legislation.
If Glass-Steagall is not restored now, the next large bank — or non-bank — financial failure will again topple the banking system and trigger both new bailouts and confiscation of bondholders and depositors in the form of bail-in. U.S.-based large bank holding companies have $2 trillion in exposure to European megabanks, which are full of non-performing loans and have not had a single profitable year since the 2008 crash despite hundreds of billions in bailouts and trillions in bond purchases by the European Central Bank.
And if Glass-Steagall separation is not restored now, the largest U.S. bank holding companies — which dominate the banking system to the extent of 60-70% of deposits and assets — will continue to limit lending, in practice, to the large corporate bond issuers and borrowers, shutting out technologically progressive SMEs from credit.
JP MorganChase had $837 billion in loans/leases outstanding at Dec. 31, 2015, just 65.1% of its deposits of $1.279 trillion. Citigroup had $604,991 billion in loans/leases at the same date, just 66.8% of its deposits. But the entire U.S. commercial banking system has loans/leases outstanding equal to 79.2% of deposits according to the Federal Reserve's flow-of-funds report. Since the six largest banks hold more than half of all deposits, the comparative ratio for the nation's 6,000 community banks and regionals clearly must be in the range of 90%-plus loans/leases to deposits. The biggest banks' loan ratios are very low indeed; they both hurt the economy, and demonstrate the great degree to which households and businesses deposits are being used for securities and derivatives speculation.
But since the 2008 crash, the biggest 12 banks have largely absorbed the deposits and assets of some 2,000 small banks which have disappeared — one quarter of all the commercial banks which existed in the United States a decade ago.
The largest bank holding companies changed dramatically from 1995 the point at which Glass-Steagall enforcement had effectively ceased — through the 2007-08 crash. This was studied and effectively described already in a 2011 study by the New York Federal Reserve, entitled "Peeling the Onion: The Structure of Large Bank Holding Companies." These giants became impossibly complex, morphing from 1-200 subsidiaries typically in 1995 to 3,000 or more units per megabank in 2011. They became giants dominating the assets and deposits of the entire U.S. banking system for the first time in U.S. history. They shifted their huge and growing deposit bases from lending toward supporting securities trading units, derivatives trades, etc. Derivatives markets exploded ten times in size in ten years 1997-2007.
Already in 1998-99 the failure of a single hedge fund called Long Term Capital Management was admitted to have nearly caused a global bank panic, because 55 U.S. and European banks, through leveraged loans, were into LTCM's immensely risky derivatives trading. By 2008 Lehman Brothers and other investment banks, insurance companies and hedge funds were in the same blowout event condition.
Today, a media report March 2 identified $321 billion in fines which the world's biggest banks have had to pay since the 2008 crash, for illegal and/or immoral activities which they continue to commit up to the present. The dominant character of these violations of banking law and practice is the use of the very large deposit bases of these banks, to support speculative units, securitization of investments, and derivatives bets. The currently very public Wells Fargo mis-selling scandal is emblematic of this.
If the Glass-Steagall Act is restored by Congress now, financial failures will take down only individual financial institutions, as when important investment banks like Drexel Burnham Lambert and Solomon Brothers failed under Glass-Steagall enforcement without affecting the rest of the banking system. U.S. branches of the biggest European universal banks, which absorbed great volumes of taxpayer bailout loans and recapitalizations, will have to recharter themselves completely independently if they are to operate in the United States at all. But in fact, Glass-Steagall restoration in the United States is likely to be followed more or less immediately in Europe, where many nations have already had Glass-Steagall bank separation legislation introduced.
And if Glass-Steagall is restored by Congress now, even as large holding companies are divesting securities units, their commercial banking units will necessarily be in the business of lending to businesses and households, aside from holdings of Federal and municipal bonds. The common Wall Street argument against Glass-Steagall — that it will reduce bank lending or damage the capital market — is the opposite of the truth. As FDIC vice-chair Thomas Hoenig has frequently argued in recent years, the United States capital markets were the deepest and most reliable in the world in the decades when commercial banking and securities trading were separated and the Federal safety net protected only the former.
If a national bank for great infrastructure projects is established, it will need a system of private commercial banks lending on good terms to its contractors. Glass-Steagall will make lending those banks business again.
Executive Intelligence Review believes that restoring Glass-Steagall is the initiating action of four laws Congress should take. It should lead to a national Hamiltonian credit institutions for trillions in infrastructure investments; to an accelerated return to manned space exploration and to rapid development of fusion power and plasma technologies.
Thank you again for debating this crucial subject.
President Donald Trump and the 115th Congress must implement LaRouche's Four Laws for an economic recovery and join China's New Silk Road program for global cooperation and 'win-win' economic development.
Our goal is 50,000 Signatures. We'll deliver them to Congress when we reach 10k, 25k and 50k signatures!
To: President Trump and Members of Congress
We, the undersigned, recognize that the transatlantic financial system is on the verge of a new blowout, worse than that of 2007-2008. The conditions of life for the vast majority of Americans have been steadily collapsing over the past two decades. U.S. economic policy has focused on protecting Wall Street’s speculative bubble, instead of protecting the general welfare and future posterity of the American people. We recognize that emergency action is now needed to preempt a new financial crisis, and to put Americans back to work rebuilding our nation and our future.
To accomplish this, we ask President Donald Trump and the 115th Congress to pass and implement LaRouche’s Four Laws program for economic recovery on an emergency basis, and to join China’s New Silk Road program for global cooperation in large-scale infrastructure projects and economic development.
The Four Laws define a coherent economic recovery program, rooted in the American System of economics:
1. Reinstate Franklin Roosevelt’s original Glass-Steagall law, separating commercial lending activities from Wall Street speculation
2. Return to a Hamiltonian system of national banking
3. Direct federal credit to projects and initiatives which create rising levels of productivity and incomes
4. Launch a crash program for the development of fusion power and the rapid expansion of our space program.
The American economic recovery will be greatly accelerated if the United States joins the global infrastructure and economic development renaissance flowing from China’s New Silk Road program.
A PDF of this petition is available here.
* Please leave your email and mobile phone number for campaign updates. Also, we are delivering these signatures to the U.S. Federal Congress, if you'd like us to deliver your signature to congress please leave your address below. We will only use your address for purposes of directing your signature to the right congressperson.
Alicia Cerretani published LPAC Confronts Minnesota Senator Franken at campaign event in Report Back 2016-10-24 11:46:11 -0400
Kevin E., an LPAC activist in St. Paul, MN, sent in this report of his intervention at a campaign event for Minnesota state legislators in Eagan, MN, attended by US Senator Al Franken. The event was attended by about 30-40 people. Kevin reported that Franken went on and on about how bad the Republicans were, until Kevin decided to break the monotony and interrupt his speech, asking him, "What about Obama? You complain about the Republicans, yet Obama is the one who wants to go to war with Russia and China over Syria, not to mention the fact that he just bragged about stopping Glass-Steagall in a recent Economist article." Franken did not respond, other than to say that they could discuss it later during the Q&A session, which they did.Read more